... and trust me, it hates me too.
I have kept to this dieting thing, kept track of calories, and I have seen a change. But gosh, I so hate it. Marriage has agreed with Kyle and I more than I thought it would, and I think it is time to get back to a happy median. So we have been cutting out the junk, and the calorie filled items. We are teaching ourselves to cut down on those things we don't need (do I really need that 400 calorie icecream...probably not).
Here are a couple reason why I hate dieting, how we as pro snackers are staying sane, and some things we have learned so far.
1. I love food. Simple as that. I like trying new things, eating lots of carbs, and the occasional bag of chips. So because that is so simple, I will not give it up. I won't give up what I enjoy. I will just eat and drink in moderation. Instead of eating a sleeve of thin mints, I will eat 4 or 5.
2. I don't like being hungry. I won't be hungry. Trust me, you don't want to see me hungry.
3. I do not want to count my Cheez-Its. But I will if I have to. It will hurt, and I won't like it but I will do it.
4. Skinny does not taste as good as an Oreo McFlurry. So I will just get a snack size.
5. A good cocktail has wayyy too many calories. This was incredibly hard to stomach.
6. Use an app. I love Lose It. It let's you track your housecleaning, walking, biking, anything you can think of. When you exercise, you can eat more. It's true, the app told me. You don't have time to add each item? You can catch me scanning the back of boxes, bags, and cartoons. This app has a barcode scanner!
7. I am never, I repeat never, giving up cream in my coffee. I don't care that it adds 70 extra calories to each cup. It's never going to happen.
Don't get me wrong, I have no beef with dieting. I think it is great. I am so proud of those that can make it a life long change. I am proud of those that can just pick it up and run with it. But me, well... it has been two months and I am still dreaming of dancing donuts and chocolate fudge sundaes.
Do you have any advice, suggestions, funny things you have done on a diet?